What We Do
Our Mission: To reduce financial barriers to care for underinsured patients with chronic or life-altering diseases.
The HealthWell Foundation is a leading non-profit dedicated to improving access to care for America’s underinsured. When health insurance is not enough, we fill the gap by assisting with copays, premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses. In 2020, we awarded more than $650 million in grants through our Disease Funds, and since 2004 we have helped more than 615,000 patients afford essential treatments and medications. HealthWell is recognized as one of America’s most efficient charities — 100 percent of every dollar donated goes directly to patient grants and services.
We provide financial assistance to help with:
- Prescription copays
- Health insurance premiums, deductibles and coinsurance
- Pediatric treatment costs
- Travel costs
Our Vision: To ensure that no patient goes without health care because they cannot afford it.
HealthWell at a Glance
- Since 2004, HealthWell has awarded over $2.1 billion in copayment assistance and helped more than 615,000 patients afford their medications.
- In 2020, HealthWell awarded more than $650 million in grants.
- HealthWell manages a diverse portfolio of Disease Funds, adding new funds whenever possible. View our current fund list here.
- HealthWell has a long-standing relationship with dozens of leading patient advocacy groups, health care organizations and medical specialty societies.
- Patients can apply for a grant online or through HealthWell’s toll-free automated phone system, where we assist more than 44,000 callers a month.
- HealthWell is governed by an independent Board of Directors that includes professionals in the fields of health care administration, clinical practice and research, direct patient care, patient advocacy and health law.