HealthWell Career Opportunities
Reducing financial barriers to care for underinsured patients with chronic or life-altering diseases is not only our mission at the HealthWell Foundation, it’s our culture. Our dedicated and compassionate team take our mission very seriously and helping those in need inspires our team to work hard to ensure that no one goes without life-changing, often life-saving, medical treatments simply because they can’t afford them.
At HealthWell, you will find a diverse organization comprised of hard working team members who are fully engaged in what they do. You will find that our industry-leading ethical standards are the cornerstone of our operations. As a testimony to those standards, we were proud to receive a Platinum Seal of Transparency, the newest and highest level of recognition by GuideStar, and a four-star rating from Charity Navigator.
We appreciate your interest in career opportunities with HealthWell. We invite you to visit this page often, as we post new opportunities as soon as they arise. Thank you again for your interest in the HealthWell Foundation.
The HealthWell Foundation operates in a highly regulated industry and has an established, robust compliance program. The purpose of this position is to proactively further HealthWell’s efforts in meeting its mission by positively contributing to a culture that supports and promotes compliance in a safe environment. Specifically, persons in this position drive corporate and contact center compliance activities in cooperation with HealthWell’s Chief Compliance Officer, Board of Directors, and President.
Key Success Factors:
- Willingness to assure that compliance is a top priority for the Foundation
- Proficient project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Detail-oriented approach to all areas of work
- Ability to objectively audit internal processes and compliance with internal policies
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-departmental project teams and with external customers
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential information and handle sensitive issues using discretion and independent judgment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and direct the day-to-day operations of HealthWell’s compliance program and lead compliance activities as described in the corporate compliance calendar
- Serve in a management capacity for:
- Contracts – retention and the contractor’s/consultant’s delivery on agreed-upon deliverables
- Policies and Procedures – document control liaison, platform administrator, document retention, compliance, and regular review
- HR and compliance incidents – implement investigations, guidance, tracking/documentation, reporting, and corrective action at the direction of the President
- Act as the primary point of contact for all program audits, donor audits, external risk assessments, and corporate compliance inquiries
- Conduct regular compliance effectiveness reviews in collaboration with the Chief Compliance Officer and the President
- Conduct regular risk assessments in collaboration with the Chief Compliance Office, legal counsel, and the President
- Oversee gap analysis to identify procedural and programmatic weaknesses
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to gap analysis and audit findings, compliance violations, and identified areas of risk
- Constructively collaborate with the quality assurance department at HWF Direct and participate in call monitoring and calibration sessions to confirm adherence to established policies and procedures
- In collaboration with the Chief Compliance Officer and legal counsel, create and conduct a training program for junior staff related to compliance and risk management
- Maintain professional skills and knowledge via attending relevant educational programs and webinars, participating in professional organizations (e.g., HCCA), and reviewing current literature
Other duties as requested
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Relevant and appropriate experience pertinent to regulatory compliance, risk assessment/management, auditing, and human resource management
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements associated with the healthcare regulatory environment, including Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and False Claims Act
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel
- Certification in Health Care Compliance through the Health Care Compliance Association (Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) or Certified in Healthcare Compliance Fellow (CHC-F))
- Human resource management certification (Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR))
note: certifications may be obtained after hire as appropriate
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments
The HealthWell Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Send resumes to Careers@HealthWellFoundation.org.